DSI-NRF CIMERA receives funding through the National Research Foundation (NRF) Centre of Excellence (CoE) funding mechanism.
Funding is awarded to postgraduate students (MSc, PhD, and post-doctoral research fellows) in terms of bursaries as well as running costs to support the projects.
Students who would like to apply for DSI-NRF CIMERA funding can only do so through a postgraduate supervisor working in the field of economic geology.
Students should consult academic staff at one of the DSI-NRF CIMERA affiliated universities.
There is an annual call for project proposals. Please keep an eye on the website, or contact Segopotso Mashego firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and application dates.
DSI-NRF CIMERA would welcome opportunities to discuss with industry, parastatals, or international organisations opportunities for additional funding support. Please contact the CoE Director Prof Nikki Wagner (email@example.com).
Agate Research Grant
Deadlines: 2021 application deadline: 1st December 2021
- The online form is available at agate-project.org and must be completed online, guidelines are provided below.
- The application form must be accompanied by a CV, a copy of your course transcripts, and a letter of support from your supervisor, all to beuploaded within the form
- On completion of the form, you will be sent a confirmation email to the address supplied.
- Only Earth and Planetary Science projects will be considered
- Students who have already been awarded a multi-year grant do not have to apply again but will have to submit a report on their activities via email to firstname.lastname@example.org